Saturday, January 2, 2010

Restore Ghia

Hello All,I have finaly had time to work on my Karman ghia again this week end.Just because it set for a few weeks again i did get a little more rust on the frame seamsi ground down with the electric grinder. However once i removed the little rust where i was going to stick weld the pans. I just stopped now only 25 mins before this post to eat and finsh the last drivers side pan to weld in. I am spot welding both a top and bottom of the pans.Maybe i don't need to do this but it was easyer to make a few on the bottom to get the pan to stay right on the seam to weld turning the pan back right side up. My hope is to finsh welding on the drivers side pan tonight and sandblast in the morning to paint of with rust proof stuff i bought from http://www.karmannghia.com/. Also i have two new videos to upload ; have a look>>>








No comments:

Post a Comment